Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 8

Synthetic Mesh

If the shoe fits...

The idea behind this shot was to show the beauty in manmade textures. The lighting was just as difficult in this shot as it was yesterday's. Again, I had to do some color correction as well as using the D-Lighting function in my Nikon. I was using the 18-55mm kit lens, zoomed in to 55mm, with a 10x closeup lens. This was taken with a 2.5 second shutter speed @ F14; ISO was set to 400.

Every Sunday I spend the entire day with my daughter Maddy, so it doesn't leave much time to get the shot of the day in. I was limited in my options for the shot as it was 11pm. This left me with only the things that I had lying around the house. I'm actually happy that this was the case because it gave me a chance to examine the most mundane items for hidden potential.

When I saw my running shoes, I knew instantly that there would be a shot somewhere in the mesh that should be interesting. When I got close up to the mesh I was intrigued by the mathematical precision in the woven fibers. It's amazing to me that we have created machines that can create such materials at the blinding speeds of modern manufacturing.

This is going to be a short post as it's getting late, but I will be putting more time and effort into my shots during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment