Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5

In the evening

The Moon rise. 


The purpose of this shot was to try to get the changing colors of the horizon as well as the rising moon. This was a very easy shot. I used my Nikon D3000 with the 18-55mm lens zoomed in to 42mm. The shutter speed was 1/25 @ F10, ISO 100. 


This isn't a technical shot, nor is it extremely brilliant. However, I couldn't help but feel that there is a uniqueness to the shot. I find it fascinating how the shot focuses on two objects with hundreds of thousands of miles between them.


It's photos like this that makes me wish I had a telephoto lens. I would have liked to have had the tree slightly out of focus with the moon behind the tree in sharp focus. I could get closer to the moon but if I zoomed in any further the colors of the horizon wouldn't show as well.


I promise that every photo won't be of celestial objects! I want to show pictures that give an emotional response, to me at least. I believe that a photographer shouldn't just try to take pictures  that they anticipate many viewers will connect with. It seems fake to me. I believe you can only do what is meaningful to you and hope that it resonates with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment