Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 12

Glass candy jar

Sweet tooth for texture!


I used my Nikon D3000 with 18-55mm lens, zoomed in to 55mm, with an attached 4x closeup lens. I used a 2.5 second shutter speed @ F16, ISO 200.


I like the clean light in this shot. I didn't have to make color corrections and I was happy with the auto white balance. Normally I do not manually select the white balance unless I go outside. The camera does a great job, normally, of choosing an appropriate setting. The only other time I touch the white balance is when I'm trying to achieve a different effect other than neutral.


Something that I found interesting in this photo was the fact that the glass itself is shown to have its own texture. You can see the ripples and bumps in the glass that probably would not have been as obvious if not for the one source lighting. It helped to create enough of a shadow to avoid washing out the details.


Glass is a very interesting subject. I love the way that light plays off the surface as well as inside a glass object. I look forward to photographing other glass items in the future. I actually have an idea for a shot next week that I would like to try. So, make sure to check back to see just what I have planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment